In a bid to get good grades and perform very well in our academics, students tend to go extra miles in this quest. It is quite interesting to note that our smartphones can also play a major role in our academics. With a lot of Apps out there — Social Media, productivity, utility and a lot of others, it is advisable to know the best smartphone app for students that would ensure academic efficiency. A lot of Apps have been designed to help students study with ease and comfortablity and we would be looking at 10 smartphone apps every student must have:
1. DROPBOX: Dropbox is a home for all your photos, docs, videos, and files. Anything you add to Dropbox will automatically show up on all your computers, phones and even the Dropbox website — so you can access your stuff from anywhere. Dropbox also makes it super easy to share with your friends on campus, study partner, group partner and even your lecturer. This is one great smartphone App for students when it comes to safeguarding files and docs. Even if you accidentally spill coffee on your laptop, have no fear! Relax knowing that your stuff is safe in Dropbox and will never be lost.
2. MINT: When it comes to finance and money spending, students could be quite naive. The free Mint smartphone app for students helps you spend smarter and save more. Easily pull all your accounts, cards and investments into one place so you can track your spending, create a budget, receive bill reminders, and get customized tips for reducing fees and saving money. You can also check your credit score for free while learning how you can improve it.
3. EVERNOTE: With Evernote, all quotes, statistics and reference material pages are in one place, easily accessible and searchable by keywords, notebooks and tags. This is especially helpful when information could be coming from all sorts of places – the Web, handwritten notes, typed notes, and even photographs. You can do a whole lot of things which includes: Discussing your work with others, right within the app, sharing notebooks with other Evernote users, and if a file or note changes or gets updated, it automatically updates for everyone who has access to the notebook. What an awesome smartphone app for students which promotes tidiness and proper communication among group members.
4. MATHWAY: Got a tough algebra equation to solve, or a polynomial to factor? Having a difficult time with Calculus integrals and limits? Simply type your problem in (or point your phone camera and snap a pic!) to receive free instant answers. Mathway’s problem solving engine answers Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus, Statistics, Finite Math, Linear Algebra, and Chemistry questions. In addition, Mathway’s built-in graphing calculator provides detailed graphs to accompany your solutions. Mathway is a smartphone App for students, especially for those who want a maths problem solved in no time or those with phobia for calculation. It is an automated tutor that provides math homework help anywhere, anytime – no network access required!
5. COURSERA: Take courses from the best universities in the world from your Android phone! Coursera connects you with online courses from 115+ of the top universities and educational institutions in the world including Stanford, Yale, Princeton and others. Learn anytime, anywhere, in topics ranging from computer science to cooking and beyond. Browse over 1000 courses in more than 25 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine. Stream lecture videos online any time, or download for offline viewing. Quite an indispensable Smartphone App for students.
6. TODOIST: Manage your tasks from anywhere – even offline Add, complete, and re-schedule tasks from your phone, tablet, desktop, browser, email, smartwatch and more – even offline! Enjoy an automatic, 24/7 sync across all your devices. Plan ahead and never miss another deadline Keep track of your important deadlines with natural language due dates, start/end dates, and recurring due dates. View and organize your to-dos for the day or week ahead.
7. DICTIONARY.COM: This is a smartphone app for students which works offline – you do not need an internet connection. In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes: Word of the Day, Audio pronunciation, Voice search, Translator, Blog to explore over 800 fun language topics, Quiz widget to test your vocabulary with Word of the Day quizzes, Word origin, Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn, Spelling suggestions to get help with how words are spelled and so much more.
8. STUDIOUS: With Studious, your phone will never embarrass you in class again by going off. Forgetting about homework and tests will be a thing of the past. Some of its features include: Silencing your phone in class, Reminding you when homework and tests are due, Saving your notes and more.
9. ALDIKO BOOK READER : This is an E-library that puts thousands of books at your fingertip. The user friendly app allows you to arrange books on a shelf and even according to categories and authors. It Supports EPUB, PDF formats as well as Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks and eBooks from public libraries. it allows you adjust font size, font type, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing as well as brightness to best suit your preference. Also, it allows you to import your own EPUB and PDF files into the app to read them on the go; organize your eBooks by tags and collections. Aldiko will also remember your reading position automatically, bring you back to where you left off.
10. CAMSCANNER: With Camscanner, you can Use your phone camera to scan receipts, notes, invoices, whiteboard discussions, business cards, certificates, etc. You can easily share docs in PDF or JPEG format with others via social media, email attachment or sending the doc link, Instantly print out docs in CamScanner with nearby printer and Invite friends or colleagues to view and comment on your scans in a group. (Registrants only). So with Camscanner smartphone app for students, you can hurriedly snap your mates’ jottings and have it on your smartphone instantly.