The first time the phrase guy code ever popped up in the media was in a sitcom called How i met your mother, then MTV started a show out of it and well, everyone (or most people) now know what it means. Basically Guy Code stands for the spoken and unspoken rules of things to do between guys and their close friends and other men.
1. NEVER BAIL ON A BET: If a bet is made, no matter what, the loser must follow through with his obligations to carry out his side of the bet. This includes doing embarrassing acts or monetary compensation. If he refuses to pay or carry out the duties, you must settle upon an agreement.
2. DON’T SPEAK ABOUT IT AGAIN: If you accidentally graze or touch another man below the waist, it’s already agreed upon as an accident and there will be no mention of it ever.
3. IF HE’S DRUNK AND ABOUT TO CHEAT INTERFERE JUST ONCE: Make him aware of the choice he is about to make. If he replies with “f*ck you,” then you are free from any responsibility from that time onward. You are then also no longer obligated to listen to him talk about it the next day.
4. THE URINAL RULE: This is very easy. A man shall not take the urinal beside another man. You must leave at least one empty urinal in between each other. In addition, do not use the short urinal nor make noises while shaking yourself dry. It’s weird.
5. IF HE’S DRESSED BADLY, TELL HIM: If your friend is wearing a neon green polo with pink shoes, you are obligated to tell him he looks horrible. You are as strong as your weakest link, and he’s hitting an all-time low, so get that guy back in the saddle. Unless you’re also wearing the same outfit, then rock it together.
6. HIS SISTER IS OFF LIMITS: Unless you plan on marrying her, under no circumstances can you try to get with your friend’s sister. No matter how attractive she is, if things go bad between the two of you, your friend will be forced to take the side of his sister. Family is family. So, don’t touch her.
7. BRO’S OVER HOES: Unless, this is the girl you’ve been talking about for weeks and everyone is aware of how badly you want her. If she’s some girl you met this morning at the bus stop and she seems “okay,” you can see her tomorrow.
8. ALWAYS HAVE HIS BACK: If your friend gets into a fight and you’re unable to calm the situation, back your friend. Even if he’s wrong and an idiot, he’s your idiot.